Monday, March 13, 2006

House Enceladus

My Family Crest A fellow blogger Radhole posted some wonderful pictures of the Saturnian moon Enceladus recently. I have since saved the behemoth shot as my desktop background. As I have never been able to find a picture 6200 pixels wide enough to fill the entire Fortress Viewscreen, this discovery was a fortuitous one. I will attach a minute one here for your viewing pleasure.
Water, water everywhere
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Moons

For the astrologically challenged, your scientists now believe that this moon provides the best chance for locating extraterrestrial life. I'd say that they're a bit farsighted in their estimations, but I still give them an A for effort. Since each pixel on the Notorious BIG photo is about 12 kilometers, it's going to take you some time to marvel at the entire span of the planetoid. Though one feature looks curious; possibly photoshopped. That one line in the Northwestern hemisphere appears a little too perfectly blue to my peepers. Perhaps, someone dropped some floss on the lens. More interesting than that is the fact that if you inspect closely, you can just make out my summer house. I'll use my telephoto lens for you so you don't have to break out the bifocals.


The lawn's not going to cut itself

I can only imagine how much real estate prices are going to plummet once you Earthlings start pitching tents here. I am reminded of Body Count's most appropriately titled song, There Goes the Neighborhood.
Prologue | Previous  | Next | Current

0 Discourse(s):

Post a Comment

Post Chain:

Create a Link

<< Home